The Nordic Semiconductor nRF52840 Multi-Protocol System-on-Chip (SoC) is an ultra-low power, highly flexible, single-chip solution ideal for short-range wireless applications.The 2.4GHz embedded transceiver supports Bluetooth® 5/Bluetooth Low Power (BLE), 802.15.4/Thread, ANT/ANT+ and 2.4GHz proprietary protocols.This family of products is compatible with Nordic Semiconductor's existing nRF52 series, nRF51 series and nRF24 series.The dynamic multi-protocol feature of the nRF52840 supports concurrent Bluetooth 5 and Thread wireless connectivity.
Dynamic Multi-Protocol ensures that the radio hardware's operating time is shared between protocols, allowing both parties to stay connected.
Sending and receiving data using one protocol does not interfere with other links during concurrent support.
1.Advanced wearable device
1) Networked watch
2) Advanced personal fitness equipment
3) Wearable devices with wireless payment
4) Networked health equipment
5) Virtual/Augmented Reality Applications
2. Internet of Things
1) Smart home sensors and controllers
2) Industrial IoT Sensors and Controllers
3. Interactive entertainment equipment
1) Advanced remote control
2) Game controller